This Award will enable the learner to comprehend principles of quality management and how these can be used to assist his/her organisation and area in evolving and achieving better results through measurement of the organisation. S/he will be exposed to a number of tools and techniques required in attaining these results, including Six Sigma, Lean Techniques, ISO etc. Learners will be able to adapt approaches suitable for their organisations making them fit for purpose. In more concrete ways they will be:
- Improving their management performance by developing their quality management model that best fits the Institution and area of management.
- Facilitating the development of their communications and team management skills
- Increasing their awareness regarding the determinants of effective operations management.
- Quality Introduction
- Quality Management
- Conflict Management
- Force Field Analysis
- Barriers for Communication
- Quality Management and Leadership Qualities
- Model for Improvement
Learning Outcomes for Knowledge and Skills
- Examine the factors involved in Quality Management systems.
- Identify and discuss the right tools and Techniques for the Institution and the area he manages .
- Interpret revenue and costs.
- Design a QMS framework incorporating process management tools and techniques
- Implement a QMS framework using training, communication and performance monitoring tools and techniques
- Evaluate performance results and recommend what type of improvements are required
- Analyse revenue and costs.
- Ability to read, write and have a good fluency in English or
- Pass in English Secondary certificate or equivalent