The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities. Learners will acquire care management skills in the Health and Social Care sector.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Partnership Working in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Improvement and Promotion of Well-being (20 credits)
- Leading Teams in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Providing Professional Supervision for Staff (20 credits)
- Research in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 6 Diplomas. The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
For further information on the above, please contact us on: